Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have some knowledge in VB6 But it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAVTCR

Programmer
Feb 23, 2021
IN
I have some knowledge in VB6 But it seems it is outdated.I want to study some other language.Which is better and easier? How can I get it? Its tutorials? Please help. My computer is Windows seven

>Which is better

Cue 100 different opinions ...

But as we open that can of worms, let me just ask: better for what?

>and easier?

Again, I suspect there will be a lot of views - and the easiest languages may not be the better languages, depending on what you want to do ...

I want to develop a software to record all the income and expenditure of a family,using some database.

And your software will run on the Web? If so, on regular Web browser? Mobile devise? Or on 'regular' PC as a window's / Mac app?
You see, any 'generic' answer you give creates many questions.

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

My computer is Windows Seven.I want to work in it and if possible I wish to share with my friends.Not in web or mobile.
My computer knowledge is very little.No formal education in computer.Gathered tips from here and there like this...

strongm said:
at that level

What level is necessary to make use of a free, ready-made program or to learn from its programming?

Even at a base level, a collaborative development project where a new developer can observe best coding practices is a lot better than falling into bad practices in isolation.

Sure using an application shouldn't be an issue.

And I don't disagree with your view that best coding practices is a lot better than falling into bad practices

But by their own admission the OP is pretty much a beginner programmer - and that's in VB - and thus is hardly likely to be able to contribute or fork either of the apps you link. Nor, I'd suggest, to learn from them. They'd have to learn C++ first, for example, which is hardly the 'easy' language they were hoping for ... (in fact, I rather suspect they'd find it hard to actually locate the source code in git, as I 'd hazard they don't really know what git is ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back