Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have SAMBA running on an AIX 4.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timm

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2000
US
I have SAMBA running on an AIX 4.3.3. We have a program that runs on the PC that but gathers out-put from the RS6000 back to the locally connected PC using SAMBA. The problem I am having is…

On Win98 computer the application runs really fast. On W2K computers it takes about 6.5times longer for the same process to include starting of the program.

The company that created this software said that the SAMBA configuration is wrong. But if I take a PDF or DOC file and read it from a shared directory both Win98 and Win2K run the same.

Is there a setting in SAMBA that is specifically for Windows 2000 applications that I am not aware of?

Thanks,

How is samba set up? Can you copy the smb.conf file here? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Hello
I am new in AIX
And I must run samba on AIX 4.3.3
But I need step by step documentation about
installation on AIX
If you have, I would be appreciated.

mail : mehmet.ozdemir@sahinlerholding.com.tr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back