Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have no idea what I'm doing! (master pages) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlord

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
Total newbie here!
But a big project:
I'm going to attempt to create a simple magazine.

It'll be 40 pages including covers.

1) Should I make a facing page master document to be the front and back covers - or 2 single master pages? What should I do about the matter that will be the inside front and back covers? should they be seperate doc's as well?

2) As you can see - I think I'm making this much to hard on myself. just keep in mind a simple magazine: covers and inner matter all printed up on both sides... How should I handle this in terms of master page layout? For now - it's best to just consider all the inner pages to be straight text.

I'm just working step at a time here!

thanks for the read and any help!

-HL Knowledge enormous makes a God of me.

Simplest way I guess is to create one document for the whole magazine. Facing pages isn't a necessary option, but it would probably make things a little easier. Page 1 is your front cover, 2 is your inside front cover, then comes the main content, page 39 is the inside back cover, and 40 is the back cover. It's best if you have a multiple of 4 pages, as you seem to have.

You could create a separate document for the cover if you want, but if you're only starting out, it's probably best to keep everything together because your printer will be able to see what you're trying to achieve.

Hope this helps!

Very Good! thanks!
I was getting all caught up in sections and all sorts of mess. I want to keep this first attempt nice and simple.. and I like your idea as being both simple for me and my printer. Knowledge enormous makes a God of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back