Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have mail server running redhat 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlee

MIS
Apr 29, 2003
PH
I have mail server running redhat 7.2
postfix, courier-imap, squirrelmail

now, I have 2 domains abc.com and dce.com running on 1 machine. now, as i can see if I send to user@abc.com i can recieve the email at user@cde.com i want to sepate the 2 domains. example, i created a user nlee@abc.com, and somebody send email to nlee@dce.com wr theres no such user created for cde.com it should bounce back. I mean the 2 domains are running on 1 machine but I want to separate it.

any help would be highly appreciated. thanks a lot.

Noel Lee CATSRI,CATSE,CNS6.5
Network and Systems Engineer
ITS, Philippines

I use sendmail instead of postfix but you should be able to apply the general idea. Sendmail uses a file called virtusertable which takes the name of a virtual user and forwards that e-mail to a real user name. Here's an example:

joe@domain1.com joe
webmaster@domain1.com john
@domain1.com error:nouser No such user here

fred@domai2.com fred
webmaster@domain2.com jake
@domain2.com error:nouser No such user here

In this case neither webmaster sees the other's mail. I also add a "catchall" for each domain so bogusname@domain.com gets returned with the error message "No such user here".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back