Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have been working on this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobwoolaver

Technical User
Aug 17, 2003
US
I have been working on this system for about three days now and have gotten it up and running but now I cant enter the bios at start up I hit delete to enter the bios and am prompted for a password but it will not allow me to enter one.. but scince there was never one for the bios before it doesn't make any scense I have worked on this computer for several years now and know that no password has ever been set up. my question is how do I stop this request for a password from coming up and get into the bios to make changes.. this is an older model bios from 96-98 running windows 98 and windows two thousand on a dual boot sys.

It's possible that there's a jumper on the motherboard that would allow you to undo all BIOS settings (or removing the battery might do it). Clearly, though, once you do this, you'll need to know either how to set the system back to the settings it had before you did this or back to it's defaults. I'd suggest looking on the motherboard for a make and model and check out the manufacturer's site.
Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back