Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a user that acts as the re 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyberius_imported

Technical User
Aug 23, 2010
US

I have a user that acts as the receptionist for the CFO. The CFO will be on a call and then he tells the receptionist to get a couple of more people on the phone for him.
She runs to his phone and does it for him.
How can I set her up to do it from her phone?
Bridged Appearances?

1 - She creates a conference and the last one added is the CEO.
or
2 - she writes a manual for the CEO how to create a conference - even a new born child can setup a conference, just three steps to do.

I would go for 2

That's good..
i guess where I'm hung up, he is already on a call and will not want to disconnect from it.
She joins him as the last call? that would be separate from the call that he is on.
Right?

Then step 2 applies....

or

he press HOLD, accept the call from receptionist and press CONFERENCE, which is part of step 2

I suspect that you will find yourself totally stuffed.

The CEO clearly will not press buttons because he has a 18th century mentality & likes the prestige of having a minion perform these tasks for him

all that will happen when you try the above f the PA will be able to set up the Conf and call the CFO, then she will have to run over to press the hold & Conf buttons for him.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If this neanderthaler really persists ( I know they exist, I have met them in the middle east ) then the receptionist can setup the conference, whan all parties joined she press HOLD, then call steal to steal the current call from the neanderthaler, press conference and prees hold again, call the CEO again and when he answer press conference and Drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back