Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a system which starts just f 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltachief

Technical User
Jul 12, 2022
IN
I have a system which starts just fine if its in laid down position but shuts down as soon as it is stood upright.
I've changed the power supply and the heat sink with new ones along with the cabinet but the situation exists the same.
I tried changing the RAM with new one but to no effect.

Botherboard : Gigabyte H110
Ram : 8GB
HDD : No HDD connected yet
Cabinet : GamingCircle with 500 watt PSU

My engineer checked each and every micro circuit of the board and ram and did not find any problem.

NEED SUGGESTION

I have a system which starts just fine if its in laid down position but starts to shut down and restart as soon as it is stood upright.
I've changed the power supply and the heat sink with new ones along with the cabinet but the situation exists the same.
I tried changing the RAM with new one but to no effect.

Botherboard : Gigabyte H110
Ram : 8GB
HDD : No HDD connected yet
Cabinet : GamingCircle with 500 watt PSU

My engineer checked each and every micro circuit of the board and ram and did not find any problem.

NEED SUGGESTION

By 'system' you mean a laptop?
In any case, sounds like a loose wire or some other loose element that it is connected 'in laid down position' but disconnected when 'stood upright.'

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

I am assuming it's a desktop, but please confirm. Please define "shut down". You mean like it is running and then the screen goes black and the power supply shuts off - both immediately? You have probably already spent more than you should on troubleshooting (new power supply).

You said you tried a different case (you said cabinet - which means nothing). Have you tried setting the motherboard up on a tile or wood floor to TOTALLY remove a short with the case from the list of possibilities?

Is it on when you move from horizontal to vertical?

Have you done a shake test - power down completely then pick up the unit an shake it a bit. Is there anything rattling like a screw which might cause a short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back