Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a subscriber that somebody s

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschnarkey

Technical User
Aug 26, 2015
US
I have a subscriber that somebody set an offsite forwarding on the extension number. The extension is now available but when I built it to a phone (ip230) when the number is dialed it forwards to the offsite number. I would like to stop this behavior and reuse the extension number.
the extension number is 4362. The route point is 1716. I really have no clue where the connection between these two numbers is or how this was done. I do not see anything in the personal options or anywhere else for that matter..
Any ideas?

if you delete the number entirely what happens?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Delete it from where? The user profile was deleted and I reused the number for a Doctor and anyone who called him got routed out through the route point. I changed his number and I now have that number on my desk in an ip230 so I can work with it.
I may have to call the guy who did it to ask what it was he did. There are 7 of these for a group that moved to one of our other PBX's...Unify, (Siemens)
It's not that I really want to undo it blindly, I want to know what it is I am undoing.

In that case it could be in the Trunk DID section or the DNIS

So look in Trunks>Trunk Groups> find the trunk that the number the click on either the "Edit DNIS Map" or the "Edit DID Range" if both are ticked you may have to look in both sections

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Well that did the trick. I deleted the DNIS map for the number I have in the phone on my desk. Now when I call it the phone rings as it should.
Now for the one dollar question, It appears that the mapping is a number to a name. 1234 maps to 'Jake'. I'll look around but would this indicate that 'Jake' has a forwarding in his profile somewhere to a route point?
How does this all tie together mikeyb?

Thank you mikeyb,
I have now played with the DNIS mapping a bit and see that it points a number to a person or 'name' regardless if it's a route point or user profile etc. Very handy to know.

Glad to be of assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back