Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a question about Dell PowerVault systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haleon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2004
US
Hey guys,

This is a really stupid question, but considering I'm about to spend like 7 grand I figured I should make sure first.

If I buy one of the new Dell PowerVault 220s systems, what sort of SCSI adapter card do I need to purchase to make sure it works?

Here's how it's gonna be setup:

The Powervault is going to be attached to a PowerEdge 6350 that currently has a Powervault 200s system attached to it. The 200s is a attached to a PERC 2/sc controller, so I'm pretty sure that means "single channel" and I can't attach another array directly to it. I want to add this new Powervault to the same server as a second array. I assume that means I need to buy a second adapter to attach the array to.

So do I really just need to buy some SCSI U320 compatible adapter card? One from Adaptec or LSI? That's the impression that I'm getting. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back