Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a message lamp thats stuck on. How can I clear it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsoz

Vendor
Dec 11, 2002
US
The system is a KX-TD 1232 with a TVS 100

fsoz The reason the light is on is that there is a message not cleared.so if you clear the message it will go out,
If it is on the Operators phone it most likely is the general delivery mail box. Depending on your number scheme 98 or 998 or 9998,
Dial you voice mail, * ,your mail box number, your password, #, 1 and follow prompts.
If you have used default numbers and a three digit number scheme. 165 will be it. Alternative dial out then dial your voice mail number, # , 6 , * ,then box number & follow prompts. This is all in the Panasonic "Subscriber's Guide" page 2.2
Cheers

Did all that, light stayed on. Used the dial string from VM
700X, dialed intercom 700105 and that cleared it
Thanks

FYI:
One of the most common issues I have ever seen with customers is message waiting lights that won't clear. It is just too easy for other extensions to light MW lights on accident. The easiest way to clear it (and prove to the customer that it was THEIR fault) is to push it and see which phone rings. In the unlikely event that it rings to the VM, there was an issue with the VM extinguishing it, which you may have to investigate.

mrpeabody
Question you say,
One of the most common issues I have ever seen with customers is message waiting lights that won't clear. It is just too easy for other extensions to light MW lights on accident. The easiest way to clear it (and prove to the customer that it was THEIR fault) is to push it and see which phone rings
So you make a call answer it and that clears it. or what then to release it?
Thanks

How to turn the message waiting lamp again? I did 701Ext but didn't work. All my message waiting lamp is gone now.

Hitechbuzz:
I'm not sure what your asking. When pressing intercom+message a phone will ring. You can find the phone and answer it, thus clearing the message light. FYI, if your using a LCD phone, I believe the extension number comes up in the LCD.

eebabe:
'All my message waiting lamp is gone now.'
Hmm, I've never had a situation where intercom+701+X didn't work, except when I had the extension number wrong. Retrace your steps.
Are you saying the voicemail won't light it either? If so, check the Hardware Settings / Dialing Parameter in the voicemail. Also, there's a way that a user can disable it from their own mailbox (under message notification).

It is the message notification lamp that does not light. When I leave a message in the voicemail for an extension, there's no notification there is a message waiting in the voicemail. We have to dial 165 to see whether there is a message or not. Tried resetting the light by dialing intercom 701 ext#, went into voicemail management and enable message light notification, still not working. Help!!

The light maybe on because some from another ext. intercom your ext. then press message button. Not knowing that it will light your message until press message button . the ext that turn your message ligth on will ring . What you must do is pick up phone to turn you light off. Or you can
cancel message waiting dial 700 + ext. no.. It NOT A VOICEMAIL MESSAGE BUT A " MESSAGE WAITING " {Intercom}.

eebabe:

Do all mailboxes fail to light message lights? If so, it is probably a programming issue. You will need to connect a laptop to the VM and go into Hardware Settings/Dialing Parameter and make sure the the VM Light on Sequence is 701X and the Light off Sequence is 700X.

FYI everyone: Sometimes when you do a quick-setup, the Light on/off sequences are blank! I am in the habit of always checking them after a quick-setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back