Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a laptop which is wireless a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Aug 14, 2003
US
I have a laptop which is wireless and is working, but problem is if I should stop useing it for about 2 to 3 minute it logoff and I have to rebooth to get back on line, what can i do to stay line without have to rebooth.

It is set to allow the advanced power management features to control the adapter.

In Device Manager, for the network adapter, Advanced, there should be a checkbox to allow advanced power management features for the adapter that you need to uncheck.

Check also in Control Panel, Advanced Power Options, for anything related to the network adapter, including indirectly any settings for hibernation. Similarly, be certain that the BIOS does not enable a sleep or hibernation mode for the adapter.

I should also note that the issue you raise sounds to me at least more likely that you have on the wireless adapter properties "Use 802.1x" authentication checkmarked as enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back