Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a lan set up at home - 2 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedg

MIS
Nov 10, 2002
US
I have a lan set up at home - 2 pc (one with win 2k and other with win 2k server) - I also got internet sharing thru my cable supplier. I have my cable comming thru Modem,
from Modem to my 1st NIC card and have another cable from other NIC card to my hub. So I have 2 nic cards on my host pc. Modem to NIC #1 AND CABLE from Nic #2 to hub. On my host I have created web sites . Which IP address should I assigned to my web sites - one that is assigned to NIC #1 or one assigned to NIC #2? I want TO ACCESS the web site thru IP address and different port numbers.

Well, do you want the site visible from the outside ? do you have an official ip adress? Websites can be mapped to folders, and that doesnt matter where you have your nics. Its just all in the networking and routing. Anythign is possible. You need to get more details about what you need and then narrow down your options.
Ide say its similar to a woman. But you cant change her nic.

:p

More info , and ile give more advice.

:)

You dont have to assign an IP to your webpage you can let the server bind all available IP's to the webserver which is in your settings. If your using IIS go into settings under the web site tab it has IP address, just put it on All Unassigned this means it will use both the IP on NIC1 and NIC2 you can also change the port there if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back