Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a form with records, i want

Status
Not open for further replies.

masadeebo

Programmer
Jan 24, 2003
PK
I have a form with records, i want to use the form but i want to start a new term starting from scratch, how do you reset a form so that the Autonumber start from 1.

Thanking you in advance

Rahim

Autonumber is part of the TABLE not the FORM and cannot be reset. You'd have to have a new table for each "term". You'd have to figure out a way (maybe with a second form for "term" selection to feed a criteria to a query) to tell Access which table to select for the form on opening.

Hope this helps.

The Missinglinq "It's got to be the going,
not the getting there that's good!"
-Harry Chapin

Hi,

There is a way to reset your autonumber to 1. However, you have to delete all of the records in any table that are related to the main table. Therefore it would be best if you backed up these tables!!!! Anyway, once you have backed up your table(s) delete all the records from the related tables. Then go to "Tools" - "Database Utilities" - "Compact and Repair Database..." Once it has done this your autonumber will be reset to zero! This only works in Access so if you are using Access as a front end to SQL or something else it won't work!!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

jbehrne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back