Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a Dell Dimenson V350 with a

Status
Not open for further replies.

debslin

Technical User
Mar 12, 2003
GB
I have a Dell Dimenson V350 with a built in sound card.
When I try playing a CD, or any sound it says the audio drivers are not installed.
I went to the Dell website and put in all the info the asked for, they came back with 5 drivers but none of them worked.
I have check simple things like the volume muted and I've checked audio in the BIOS too.
Help!

#1. Check that the driver is present right-click on the desktop icon My Computer got to Properties and the to Device Manager. In the list find Sound, Video and Game Controllers. If you see a listing for SoundMAX I would guess the drivers are loaded.

#2. Open the case and make sure the cable from the CD-ROM or CD-RW for sound is connected to the Audio In on the motherboard. It is possible for this to have come lose during shipping.

#3 Check that it is also connected to the CD-ROM output.

These connections should be in your user manual.

#4. If you are using powered speakers make sure of the connection to the correct audio output and that they have power from and AC source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back