Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a customer with a Nortel CIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiman7541

Technical User
Jul 28, 2023
US
I have a customer with a Nortel CICS system. The version is 30CTE06 NAT, and when outside callers call in they here a company greeting, with prompt greetings (CCR Tree), but when I try and get into the voice mail, I get "inactive feature".

You did not post the voicemail model or software version, did you check the panel to see if it even exists?

"voice mail"
You need to be more specific such as your mailbox, admin programming or what feature code your using.

Feature 9*1 can list the feature codes for voicemail if the voicemail system exists.

Also note that with the appropriate CICS software such as yours then it has it's own AA/CCR but that's it, no messaging such as mailboxes or info boxes etc.
If that is the case then you need to look at the CICS System Coordinator Guide for more on the programming.

So take a look at what you actually have on the wall.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Curly, I did a feature 9*1 and get "inactive feature. I have attached a pic of my flash card on my Nortel
CICS-Plus system.
20230802_134033_wpce6n.jpg

The picture you just posted is the phone system (CICS), that software is what you posted already above.
In other words the 30CTE06 NAT that you see in programming refers to (and what you can call it going forward) is a Norstar CICS with 6.1 SIP software.
I already confirmed you have the ability to use the built in AA/CCR here, but since you just confirmed F9*1 is inactive then it appears there is no voicemail system.

"If that is the case then you need to look at the CICS System Coordinator Guide for more on the programming."

Here is an example of 2 of the feature codes :
Note that Multimedium posted, a reply that I apparently did not see until just now 10 years later:
"I think curlycord missed the fact the you are using the CICS built-in AA, and not a voicemail system."

Well Multimedium (a genius) was wrong,lol.

Rickg47 mentioned these 3 clues:
"No voicemail"
"System co-ordinator manual states" It is recommended that CCR not be programmed to answer lines answered by System Answer
at the attendant phone"

Voicemail guide is called Setup & Operation Guide while the System co-ordinator guide is for the KSU's

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back