Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a callerid gadget from Roche 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecbalpaca

MIS
Jan 30, 2003
CA
I have a callerid gadget from Rochelle that only inputs into Sidekick98. I was a registered owner - but took it off my machine - forgot the password. Now put it back on and got the callerid machine working and I can't remember the password for my sidekick98. Is there anywhere I can get a copy now it is no longer sold??? also does anyone know of any other program that will recognize callerPROFILE which gathers the info from the caller id thing?

Dear Carol,
I will answer your email too, but I prefer to solve (if I can) any questions/problems here and then I don't have to do it all over again with the next person who has a similar question/problem.

Please do not take offence, it is just the way Tek-Tips works and it is more 'economic' when it comes to people's time.

Check the following FAQ here called:
Recover Lost Password SDK98
see faq807-2286

See also faq807-2966 and faq807-3000 as they contain all the links to the downloads and all the Starfish FAQ's.

My delay in replying is down to the fact that I have recently taken on the support for a local Resource Centre and will be under some pressure for a little while, at least until I have a few basics worked out and my time is a little precious
(Not me ;-) My time!).
You would not believe how many different types of Sound Cards and Graphic Cards can live under one roof, together with a PLETHORA of different Hard Disks, CD's and motherboards with different incompatible memory types.

It is fun though!
Nothing like a challenge to get you learning.
Good Luck
and Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear Carol,
The default (i.e. Normal) Location (address) for the Sidekick98 program file is:

C:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick98\Program\Sidekick.exe

The Program file itself is called: Sidekick.exe
Double-Click on that file or paste the above address into
StartMenu|Run and then press Return
and Sidekick should open.
I am a little confused as to your statement (in your email) that you do have the program on your Computer
If the above comes up with
'Windows cannot find the file' then do a search with
WinKey+F
and look for Sidekick.exe
If that does not return any results then
You do not have any version of Sidekick including Sidekick98 Installed on your Computer.
Please try the above first and if it comes up negative then go to the download site as mentioned in the Faq
faq807-2966
Question09
Contact Log entries are not entered in the correct date sequence SDK98
Just click on the link for the program and download it and then the link for the 2000 patch and download that too.
Save them to Disk and you have them forever!!
Install the program and then, as they say around here:
'Off you go' and enjoy yourself!

While you are at it,copy the 2 FAQ pages
faq807-2966
and faq807-3000
Save them to disk for offline viewing, you will then have all the info you need to solve a lot of the problems we have encountered, the rest are here at the Forum contributed by many of the members.
Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back