Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a bcm400 4.0 that had lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha500

Vendor
Aug 10, 2015
US
I have a bcm400 4.0 that had lights flashing, i replaced hard drive with an older drive that we removed a couple years ago and system came back up and was able to get into call pilot from EM, did a restore of a current back up and every thing worked except for accessing callpilot from EM. I swapped the drive to get system up while a new cabinet was in route, received new cabinet and put MSC card in new cabinet and powered up, was not able to get into EM at all and call center and voice mail did not work, also was not able to get into EM from either lan port, is there a software or patch issue the reason MSC and hard drive didnt talk? When i put new unit back together as received and booted up i was not able to access EM from either port either. It almost sounds like new unit was bad so i guess my question is should i be able to put MSC card in new unit plug and play as long as hard drive is 4.0

The MSC card contains the site ID and is needed to be paired with the hard disk. if you have no LAN access or Call Pilot / IP Phones etc, then it's most likely that the hard drive is corrupted or has failed.

The Motherboard can fail. Personally, I would plug in a serial cable onto the BCM 400 at 9600 baud with a null modem adapter and watch the system power up.

Treat the BCM 400 as a typical desktop computer for fault finding.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back