Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i have a 1.4 mhz amd processor and..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i have a 1.4 mhz amd processor and to export a measly little 2 minute sequence it takes 40 minutes!!. im importing from composite and i was wondering what setting i should use in premiere for progect and for export . also are there any other codecs that encode better or faster then cinepak ?

CINEPAK?? My god man, no offense but that is ancient Macintosh technology.

Cinepak is bad for video, plain and simple. It takes forever to encode and looks terrible. Most OS's come with a few codecs pre-installed such as Indeo and Cinepak or whatnot, but these are only included for legacy compatiblity. To get good video in/out, you're going to need a high quality, medium to low-compression recording codec, and another high-quality, high-compression codec for your chosen output format.

To elaborate on this, almost any MJPEG codec works great for capturing video. It is fast and produces high quality, but large files. Using your video editing package, you could save the target video with a DivX movie codec and get great quality with good filesize.

Try for the PicVideo MJPEG codec, and do a net search for DivX to learn more about that.

Good luck,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back