Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I Get CRC Error When Downloading Multiple RaR Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigNaLFoRc3

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
CA

Hi!

I have noticed that everytime I download multiple rar files off the net or even p2p apps, I get errors.

I cant really do anything cause when it has crc then it has crc.

Are there any programs that can fix .rar files?
If I do try to download it again and yes I have tried, it still has errors.

The person who owns that files says, its ok with me, the files work fine. Then what can I do?

Also, I heard about PAR files and RAID can fix par files.
Unfortunately, the .rar files doesnt come with any .par files.

Please help me. Thanks.

RAID has nothing to do with RAR files, or any files, really, its a way of setting up hard drives, but anyway..

you could get the person who has a good copy of the RAR files to either make a SFV file or to create the PAR files. WinSFV is the easiest sfv program to use, a quick search on google will turn it up.

once you have the sfv file (and winsfv) you can then check your files to see if theyre the same as theirs. if not, then hunt out a PAR(ity) file maker - i dont know of one off hand - and get them to make the PAR files for you.. you should then be able to remake the broken RAR files (assuming not all of them are broken, and you download the PAR files sucessfully!)

WinRar has a repair option.
If the files are coming from FTP, you should check your MTU and then try a different FTP client. Someone here recently had a problem with .zip archives, and changing FTP clients eliminated the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back