Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I get 1 slipr every night around midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutp1le

Technical User
Feb 17, 2007
US
I swapped reference clocks in ddb to reference a different span,same result.
I swapped csu's,same result. I monitored the span from the telco, it ran clean. We just upgraded to 5.5 and applied the latest patches,same result. Some one told me a time ago, the network swaps dchnnels in central office, not towards us..causes a slipr.
It is not service effecting but the end user wont let it go.

Can you clarify ld 60, I look at the history during midnights and I dont see ALTP, What is ALTP ?

Correct, I must recant the statement "Everynight" It is random evenings we are getting the SLIPR. It seems to have arrived when we upgraded to 5.0. Like I said we recently upgraded to 5.5. I really want to say its the carrier. Can you or anyone explain SLIPR?

What kind of switch do you have? CS1000m (Option 81C, 61C, 11C?)

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

You may have a clock controller issue, not a reference issue. Something you could try to narrow down what you are looking at:
Disable your inactive clock so that the active one stays active.
LD 60
.SSCK 0 (OR 1) (Determines if the clock is active or standby)
.DIS CC 0 (or 1)(disable inactive clock)

Monitor your errors for a couple of nights. If you don't get slips, switch clocks and lock it in so it stays active and monitor.
LD 60
.ENL CC 0 (or 1) (enable disabled clock)
.SWCK (switch clocks)
.DIS CC 1 (OR 0) (disable inactive clock)

If the slips remain 000 while the clocks do not switch, put the clock controllers back to normal and monitor again. The slips may occur when a particular clock switches to the other one. If that is the case, replace one clock controller at a time and see if the problem clears up.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Man, that sounds like an end user that needs a hobby... 1 SLIPR per 24 period, while annoying, is not that big of a deal. Since it is reoccurring, I applauded his wanting to track it down in case it is a symptom of a major issue, but jeez... 1 SLIPR? The amount of time put into tracking down the issue, the impact on the switch of testing the issue, possible problems created by this testing - seems like a waste of resources just to track down such a minor issue ...

If my PBX only had 1 SLIPR per night I wouldnt worry about it either. I think if you really wanted to relate this to a stain and a cleaner, it would be a stain on 1 thread of a suit! lol I take care of PBX's I work on, but thats not worth the trouble lole Watson said.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

"Worried about it" No

"Curious about it" Yes

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back