Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I.E shuts off automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazinger

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
CA
Hi everyone,

It started this morning only. As soon as I click on the drop down on the address bar in Internet Explorer, it shuts off the I.E altogether. Rebooting did not help and runnning Antispyware and antivirus did not either.

Any clues??

Thanks.

here try doing this click start then run and type: sfc /scannow and click ok ( make sure to have the cd handy)

IE seems to have some corrupted files.

Good luck

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

If IEFIX doesn't help, try this.

Make sure your options in IE/ Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced are correct.

Uncheck the boxes for "Install on Demand" for IE and Other programs (two boxes).

Try running temporarily with the third box "Enable Third Party Browser Extensions" unchecked and see how this goes.

"This specifies that you want to disable features you installed for use with Internet Explorer that may have been created by companies other than Microsoft.
If you encounter problems with Internet Explorer that you cannot resolve, you can use this option to help determine if third-party features are causing the problems without uninstalling the feature. You must restart Internet Explorer after turning this option on or off."

If that stops your errors, you will know where the trouble is.

Thank everyone for your valuable input. I used everyything that you guys suggested and made sure the Internet Options/Advanced were correct. It seems to have corrected the problem and it is not shutting off anymore.

Thanks again all of you for giving time to this issue.

yuo are very welcome.!

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back