Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I.E. Internet vs. Intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2002
US
OK, I'm pretty sure this is just a setting that needs to be changed, but I can't find it.

When typing in a URL in the address bar in Internet Explorer, if I don't type in ' it still searches for the internet rather than the internet. Example:

I'm trying to go to my intranet homepage called 'companyhome', so in the address line, I type in 'companyhome', but rather that going to it attempts to locate Any ideas how I can get this to point to my intranet? Thanks.

Rhonda

Just type the path and filename in the address bar like:

C:\somedir\companyhome.html

No, that's not the problem. It's an intranet site. If you just type 'companyhome' on some machines, it goes straight to the company's home site. On other machines, it attempts to find that on the internet (

Look in the Tools>options>connections>LAN Settings>advanced area. Down in the bottom box put in the intranet site to bypass the proxy server that lets you onto the web. Michael Phipps
Technical Business Analyst
Mercy Health Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back