Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I don't want Office Assistant to visit me 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykfc

Programmer
Mar 6, 2004
AU
My Access module is supposed to start automatically but running a batch file. This could be achieved easily by specifying a /x switch with the name of the macro and to put this command line inside a batch file.

For example,
"c:\program files....\MSACESS.exe" c:\myProgram\aaa.mdb /x startMacro

A batch file containing such a line will start the macro startmacro inside aaa.mdb

I have built many such aaa.mdb files with applications running automatically as expected.

However, I have now one strange MDB file where, when Access starts it, it always pop up with a dialog box showing: <Office Assistant couldn't be started. Please repair the Assistant b running Office 2000 setup and select "Repair Office 2000">

Someone must have encountered this. What is missing in the special mdb file?

If on any machine you have Access 2K, and any office 2003 app, say outlook, this will happen. I don't know why, but that's the pattern I have encountered. I see no working resolution at Microsoft.Com, however, they have this to say for other causes.

Hope it helps,
ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

Mine has the same version for Access and Outlook. However, the kb article of MB does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back