Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I dont have IOS on my router, router cannot boot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

faithful4u

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2011
US
i erased IOS on my router cisco soho 77, router booting in rommon mode. i have backup of IOS in tftp folder. please give me the detail steps how to retrieve IOS on to cisco router soho 77.

Thank you

These should be the settings you need to enter:

rommon 11 > IP_ADDRESS=192.168.1.5
rommon 12 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0
rommon 13 > DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
rommon 14 > TFTP_SERVER=192.168.1.10
rommon 15 > TFTP_FILE=c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-13a.bin
rommon 16 > tftpdnld

Just enter your IP settings and your IOS filename above.

Dan

Thanks Buddy.......Cisco is so Easy.It already works. Cisco is going to be my passion. Help me out please. i want to be expert what should i need to do?

The Cisco Command Quick Reference is one good place to start. It is available on Amazon. And if you are truly passionate about Cisco, you may want to consider enrolling in a CCNA Networking Academy Program at a local college. In the program I am in, there are 4 courses covering network fundamentals, routing, switching, and WAN technologies. After passing these courses, you should be prepared to take the CCNA certification exam.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back