Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I decided to make a list of pbx phone system manufactures that is not VOIP. But digital or hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPM86

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2023
US
So I started to remember all the phones I would see around for years. Thus, I decided to make a list. Then upon
looking for goodies on my IP office 500 system. I came across some other names. So I figured why not compile a list to see
who still makes pbx systems. If you want to add any systems to my post. I can update the list. The following rules I tried to follow my self.

1. Started out as Analog or digital pbx systems
2. Mostly sold in the United States. (Just to make my list simpler.)
3. No Voip only systems that showed up in the last 15-20 (give or take) years.
4. EOL is tricky due to mergers, buyouts and renaming of products. If a company is making digital, hybrid or ip systems still normally not put EOL.

* One additional note about EOL items. My original thought was starting in the 1980's and following the life of the phone system. Then I decided due to the
amount of systems to follow the company. I could then go back and add in tidbits of information if I so desired. This seemed to be a winning system for
keeping the information small.

I hope you enjoy this list.

Thank You, Josh

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=67aac8c1-ac63-4c97-8b58-3fc877a4b2c1&file=Phone_Systems_mfg_On_Site.xlsx
Some info I can offer...

Nortel folded an Avaya took over the telecom side in 2009....Ring Central does/did not own Nortel or Avaya.

Nortel Key systems
Digital - Norstar - Started 1988 EOL 2010
Hybrid (Digital & VoIP) - BCM Business Communications Manager - Started 2004 EOL 2012
Side note with my onsite observations, to this day people that still have BCM have no idea it is a Hybrid capable of VoIP phones and SIP Trunking.

Nortel PBX systems
CS1000 (Digital & VoIP) Started 1971 (SL-1 evolving to M1/Option, Succession, CS1000) EOL 2019

I cannot speak for EOL's with Avaya systems but Avaya has just folded or near folded (filed for bankruptcy), de-listed on NYSE earlier this year.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

You could end up with a lot of work!

Avaya IP Office 400 series I think was EOL 2012
Avaya IP Office 500V2 series is still current (V1 now EOL) and Avaya seem to have bounced back
Some later versions of Nortel kit such as the BCM was Avaya badged

Thanks for the replies. I updated the list. I should have explained the phone system model numbers was to help me track
companies. I would be scrolling through say e-pay and notice two handsets that look the same with different names. Names
that I remember as a kid, teen, and adult. Thought it was 2 different companies and found out they purchased the rights to one company or
it was the cut down model under the same owner. Like Nortel and Meridian systems. I decided to cut down on the model number on systems. But if you do
want to add that in for replies. I'll add them to the list. You can find mostly anything about each company or system on the net.
Having a cross reference is nice.

Thanks,

Josh

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f76c2500-10e7-46c2-bf68-ef2fea7e77d0&file=Phone_Systems_mfg_On_Site.xlsx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back