Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't use crosstab query to create a subreport?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulnaoar

Technical User
Jun 8, 2005
CA
I use crosstab query to create a report A , which works totally fine, then I insert report B which also has a crosstab query as a subreport, I got an error message said: "You can't use a pass-through query or a non-fixed-column crosstab query as a record source for a subform or subreport". Both reports are working fine seprately, but I couldn't put them together. Any help is much appriciated!!

..."you can't use"..."a non-fixed-column crosstab query "
Have you tried 'fixing' the columns on your crosstab query? Open the query in design mode, right click to get to the query's properties and look for column headings. I think that once you fix the column headings to specific names, you'll have a shot at this.

---------------------------------------
The customer may not always be right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.

I tried and it worked! Fantastic! Thanks for your help, I really appriciated!!

Glad I could share this information. I learned it the hard way... :)

---------------------------------------
The customer may not always be right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.

That's why I love this place!! I wish I were knowledgeable enough to give more like you did. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back