Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cant seem to add a line to a m8x24-d5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnuf

Vendor
Aug 26, 2006
US
line 5 is ok but line 6 does not exist. Do I need to config it or turn it on? Nothing I found in the guide seems to cover it.

U need to go into programming to assign it to the set.

Clarify- do you mean port 6 isn't passing you dial tone through the system, or do you just need to know how to assign it to a set?

When I try to assign Line 6 to a set, it does not exist, its not a choice. It stops at line 5. I know how to assign lines to an exstension.

I got into programming fea ** config but this line is not available as a choice, it does not exist on the system. could this be a hardware issue? I would think 8x24 means its equipped, but its not there.

Several folks keep asking me if I assigned it to a set. I keep saying I can't assign it, it does not show up when you try to assign lines. Lines 1 to 5 exist, then when I go to line 6 it jumps to assign DN. CURLYCORD SAID Is it possible the lines are disabled in miantenance or hardware? HOW CAN I CHECK FOR THIS AND FIX IT? Its got to be disabled or something like it

When you see:
LINE 1 ASSIGNED
ADD REMOVE

Press ADD and then type 005!

you don't see it because you have to ADD it ;-)~

006 006

When you see:
LINE 1 ASSIGNED
ADD REMOVE

Press ADD and then type 006

006 006

Status