Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't open VP 10 in XP after running it succesfully on Windows 98SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyHP

Programmer
Nov 12, 2005
US
I've been running ACCPAC VisionPoint 10 on Windows 98SE. I ported the program over to an XP computer. It won't open there. I get the error message:

Warning (9002) - SYSDATA.DBF MISSING

Informational only-no data has been lost.

Neither the SYSDATA.DBF nor the SYSDSM3.DBF system files are in the current drive and directory. Make sure one of the system files is present and try again.

Installation cancelled. Press any key to continue....

Both these files are where I believe they should be on my computer.

Has anyone advice to give? I'm not very knowledgable about VisionPoint 10 or SBT. Our consultant gave us some advice which didn't work. Can anyone help?

You must map your drive in xp same as you 98 computer.

For Example, if you've installed VP in f:\vp200, your xp must also have the f: drive mapped to the correct drive.

IBS

It's definitly not an XP issue. VP 10 runs fine on XP. I'd also look at maping and Paths. Sysdata.dbf is the primary control table.

It could also be a Mem file issue if your mapping has changed. Do you have any files with an .mem extension

Bill Couture

I concur with the previous posters: you need to be sure your paths are mapped in SYSDATA.DBF just as they were in your W98 system.

Did VP ask you to go through the file conversion process? (Just trying to figure out how far you got.)

I did the same thing, but with no problem. My customer is running on Version 7 under W98. I installed Version 10 on an XP system, then copied their /Data folder to the new SBT/VP folder. Then, I copied the SYSDATA.DBF file over, making sure of the mapping. Started up, went through the SM module first, then on to the 4 modules I installed. Each asked to do file conversion, to which I agreed. After that was done, I was able to run reports in each module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back