Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't make new SAN connections to Emc4500

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWiz

MIS
Jan 29, 2001
CA
I can't make new SAN connections!

we are a Dell shop, this is the layout in question:
Dell 2650 servers with Emulux 9xxx Lightpulse cards, Dell 51f switch (brocade re-label), EMC 4500.

I have loaded the Emulux software on the servers and it sees the cards. I have zoned the switch using world wide names so the servers can see the disk array (and double checked the correct currently enabled config) I have double checked the cable and there are lights on at both ends. I have re-booted the servers, done numerous scan for hardware changes and rescan disks.

I have double checked the config in Navisphere array manager and it all looks good.

What am i missing?

Do you have LUN Masking/Widesky/Volumelogix installed for use with the Symmetrix?

Did you use the correct driver for the Emulex HBA? Should be EMC.

Go to start->programs->hbaanywhere and right click go to properties. At the end of the target path enter "whatever the path" --emc Do the same for the Emulex Config Utility.

i checked that the emulux driver matches the version of other drivers in our san.
it is the Fabric - Automap SCSI devices driver
We do not use any LUN Masking/Widesky/Volumelogix

ok i made it attach to a 1Gb Quorum lun. Then i unbound and rebound the lun and it still wont' connect.

argggh

ok i just bound up a new lun and it is fine with it. weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back