Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't install my printer (hp officejet 4110)

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbeapuce

Technical User
Feb 17, 2006
CA
Hi. no matter what usb I plug the cable in, I never get the " New Hardware Wizard displays". I do hear the dig dong telling me some cable have been pluged but that's it.

I also went to add printer , the wizard searchs for a plug and play printer but doesn't find.

Please help. it's driving me nutz...

thanks for your time
stef

Is this Printer partly installed already, or even listed in Printer and Faxes?

The Add Printer or Found New Hardware wizard fails for a printer

Printer Wizard Won't Start
thread779-914503

Try running the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

You could try repairing windows itself by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

Do you have the CD that comes with the printer? The CD will have the manufacturers drivers on it, so you should be able to install them from there.

verify the driver of usb port. is it installed properly? check the hardware tab under device manager. if you found a yellow question mark then install that driver cd came from the manufacturer of your machine or motherboard..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back