Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't install a Monitoring 5.1 profile in linux endpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxld

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
Hi all,

I've a TMR 4.1 in linux server, and Monitoring 5.1 in same machine, my local endpoint works, but a remote endpoint dont,
the monitor profile is transfer to endpoint linux remote, but dont install the engine and monitors,

what i have to do?

tks,
[]s
Marcelo

Marcelo, please do the following:

1. Check the remote endpoint logs for any login errors.
2. Check the endpoint policy on the TMR server to make sure that the remote endpoint can log in.

Please post any error messages you find, including any error messages you get while attempting to distribute the monitor profile.

The endpoint stay logged in my TMR, and i can make the inventory for expl. i can distribe anothers profiles to him, the only a can't is the Monitoring, i'll check the endpoint log and tell you.

tks for the help.
[]s
Marcelo

Just curious, what flavor and version of Linux are you running ? Tivoli does not seem to be real aggressive keeping up with the newest (and much improved) releases.

Yeap i know that mmich,
The TMR is a Redhat 7.3, kernel 2.4.18 all is original,
and the lcf logs show a error in customscripts folder (is empty) and it try change the permission and failed, this is a only failed in logs.
I open all ports, rsh, rexec, rlogin, ftp all for the root,
becouse in the install process him use the rexec to install a lcf and all profile.
if one off yours have the same enviroment send for me a list with folders and files in /opt/Tivoli/lcf contains.

thanks again.
[]s
Marcelo

marcelo,

have you linked the java on the remote linux box? if not, try distributing the java 1.3 for linux that comes with the itm package. use either the wdmdistrib command or sis to send the java package to the remote linux box. then, re-disbribute the RMs.

hope this helps.

Oh, please, do not use the java 1.3 which comes from IBM,
better install a distro java >= 1.3.

CU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back