Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't add internet email addresses to my lotus distribution list

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylittlekitty2

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
US
I have attempted to add people with an email address outside the company and Lotus Notes will not accept it. These people are listed as a contact in my personal address book with just an email address, no phone numbers or any other extra information listed. In the Mail Address Assistant I have chosen both Internet Mail and Other as the type of mail system, neither which have worked. When I try to add them to the distribution list, I get an error message that says, "The selected entry does not have a valid address". I must be missing something but I'm not sure what.

What Notes client are you using? Mail Address Assistant sounds like an Outlook kind of thing. Can you send to these out-of-Notes address book entries OK from within a normal Notes memo ?

Fred Wagner
frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Depending what version you have this may help. The IBM/Lotus Notes technote #182453 documents this problem. It occurs using a 5.0.5 Public Domino Directory and has been addressed in 5.0.6. You can read the technote at and keyward search on 182453.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back