Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot view a ".png" files within ie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtorrey2

MIS
Feb 3, 2004
US
I have WIN XP PRo, I just installed the SP2 about a week ago. I went to my banks website to check a balanace in my account and also to view a check that had been cashed, but all I get are the little red X's in the top left corner of the screen. Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks?
-JT

If you are using Internet Explorer you could check Tools, Options, Advanced, Multimedia and be sure there is a check in the "Show pictures" box

A check here will tell you whether it is IE's problem or your bank's website.

Check this Reg Key. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.png

"content type" was incorrectly set to "image/jpeg" instead of the correct "image/png". Changing this setting made everything work correctly."

"The Show Pictures check box is not selected on the Advanced tab of the Internet Options dialog box under browsing/ multi media".

Windows XP Pro glitch I've been told
thread779-844673

Problem since updating SP1
Thread779-363915

Strange issue with IE
Thread779-361026

"Image on a Web Page Appears As a Large Red X"

283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

Nicely done linney, a star. I really like your informal test of IE and images using Google Images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back