Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot open access DB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moroeh

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
ES
Hi:

I have a problem trying to open a database. It won´t allow me! This database was made by another programmer, but he left the company and now I am the responsible for it.

I already have the source code for the program, but the tables are held in other .mdb file, and when I try to get them Access doesn´t allow me to do it.

It tells me that I don´t have enough permissions to open it. By the way, it has no password on it (I already tried it!).

Thanks for your answer in advance!

Igor (moroeh)

I know I lock out my access dbs that are on the web during the startup function. The only way to enter my db to edit through a file manager is to hold down your keyboard's shift key and double click the file icon. Have you tried this?

Nina

Hi:

I tryed it, but it doesn´t work. The message I get is the following:

" You don´t have the necessary permisions to use the 'd:\...\datubasea.mdb' object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you"

Thanks anyway!

Igor (moroeh)

Moroeh,

Perhaps it has something to do with workgroups. I know in security full databases at my company, the workgroup you are logged into over WindowsNT determines which databases you can or cannot enter. The Workgroup Administrator program is located in your "C:\windows\system\" directory and the file is called "Wrkgadm.exe".
Load this up then you might want to do a search on the network drive that the previous occupant of your job stored the database on (or other drives he may have had access to). You should be searching for ".mdw" extension'd flies. Go for it. I hope this helps. -Happen609
Wasting more of your valuable time...

Hi:

It worked. Thank you very much to all of you!

Igor

Just Curious. .. . . How'd you do it? -Happen609
Wasting more of your valuable time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back