Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot my form to work. Do I need additional files on my server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willem82

Technical User
Nov 9, 2004
US
I have created a very simple form for my web site. I just want a users to fill in their name email and comments. I then want to be emailed that info. I used the Flash MX Bible tutorial. It says I need to install a free w3jmail program. I cannot figure out how to install the program into my server. In the tutorial it gives a website to run the asp script through. This is obviously just for testing. Is there an easier way to use forms?

you can use the "mailto:" attribute in HTML to submit forms in emails. Now mind you, if your form is flash based then you might be better off with that program. If the form is simple HTML based, then something like this will work:

<form name="someName" action="mailto:email@isp.com" method="post">
</form>

What that does is email the form to your email address (as indicated in the ACTION attribute). This isn't really a good technique to use, but for testing or for beginers this is fine.

[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back