Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot install php on my server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2004
US
When I try to instal php-5.2.0-win32-installer, I got the following message.
the installed has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. this may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2804
I am running windows 2000 server with all updates. I plan use IIS to run to php.
Thank you for your help.

It may be, as the error says, that you got a bad copy of the installer. Does the MD5 hash of your file match the MD5 hash published on the PHP download page?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

cooperchien,

Would Apache be an option? If so, have a look at :

It comes with all you need (well, PHP 5, MySQL 5 etc.) and runs quite smooth on any systems I've come across. The install is very simple and the whole thing is up and running in a few minutes.

And there's a good reason why Apache is the market leader -besides the obvious fact that is free ;-)

Trust me - it's worth while a try.

Good Luck

I downloaded the installation file directly from the php.net site. I just waited for a few days but the one I downloaded today still does not work. I have IIS already running and dont plan to install one more web server. Does php only works with Apache?

No, PHP will work with any number of web servers, including IIS. It's just that it works best running as an Apache module.

Did the MD5 checksum of the file you downloaded match the published hash?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

I downloaded the installer package just now for experimental purposes, and tried to install it, and the installer works o.k.
At what point do you get the error, or do you get it when you double click on the file?

Have you updated your Windows Installer to the current version? if not try going into Windows Updates to get the most uptodate installer.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back