Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i can untill someone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryke3

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
US
Hi all,
Never ran into this before and it's driving me crazy.
I have a win95 machine with a local printer that is shared
with a win98 machine. here's the scenario.
the win95 machine can print all day long untill the win98 machine prints via a captured lpt port. after that the only way i have been able to get the win95 machine to print again is to power off the printer and power it back on. this works untill the win98 machine sends another print job. repeating this vicious circle every time. ANY idea what to look for? my users are getting tired of the work around.

Thanks.

Are you using the proper printer driver in the W98 machine.

You may want to go to manufacturer's web site and download the latest W98 driver for printer.

"The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing..." -Albert Einstein

Hi Rhombus,
Printer drivers are current, even tried re-installing the printer, printer sharing, the full shabang. this ones really got me stumped.
Thanks for the ideas though, sometimes i tend to get to close to the problem and can't find the solution.

Try turning off the check port state options and Bi-directional support for the printer on the Windows 98 machine.

I've seen that port state option cause problems before.

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back