Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i can not restore the backed up files in arcserve backup 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

asredanesh

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2010
US
i back up from some data in my pc(os:windows server 2003)but when i try to restore them , in restore window the backed up files not see in restore by tree option and in other restore option
I get
" Session 0001 (tape name) has no details do you want to merge the session now ?"

I can do this but once it has completed there isn't all the data shown in the session

check the following:

- the process MERGECAT.exe should no longer be running on the ARCserve server.
- the TEMP subdirectory in the arcserve home directory should not contain any *.cat files after the Merge operation is finished.
- Close all Windows and reopen the restore Window. Use the Restore by session method and check if you are able to browse thorugh the session now.

regards

"there isn't all the data shown"
Isn't "all" but there is some, some but not all sounds like either the backup was not complete or there is DB corruption so all the backup history data does not get properly merged into the database.

Also keep in mind the DB Prune job will still do its thing.

So if the backup was done 31 days ago and the DB Prune job removes records older than 30 days, then the next time the DB Prune job runs it will remove that records you just merged in.

thank you for all your helps.
i configure arcserve db to a new database(SQL Server 2005 Express edition) but the problem not solved and i can nor restore backed up files.i use arcserve 12 sp1 and my os is windows 2003 r2.

at this point it is best to contact CA support, they can remote in and take a look at the problem for themselves. Also they will have someone who speaks your native language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back