Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can login to server at server, remotely but not from workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

paasch

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2001
US
I create a new user. The user can login remotely, or on the server itself but not from any workstation. I joined the domain blah blah. What did I miss?

How many domain controllers do you have? Did you force replication? Can other users log in on the same workstation?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

I have 4 dom controllers. No I havent done a sync. It is the workstations that do not allow the logon. Servers are ok.

OK, I forced the computers to replicate.

Cool, so wait a few minutes and see if you can login. The reason I suggested this is it is possible that the newly created user account did not exist on whatever DC you were authenticating against.

If after forcing replication it still does not work, you should verify that there are no replication errors in the event logs on the servers. Also verify that DNS is set up properly on the workstation. The workstation should only list your local DNS servers in the TCP/IP configuration. Your ISP DNS should only be configured in the DNS servers Forwarders tab.

Regards,

Mark

Well my friend, that fixed it. Thank you so much! Doug

Glad that resolved it. If you waited more than 15 minutes from the time you had created that account, you should verify the DNS settings on all of your servers as you may be experiencing replication problems.

Verify that DNS is configured as I specified above.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back