Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am working on a form and wont to edit a word in a textfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

brynjan

Programmer
May 7, 2001
SE
I will make a form that sends html and want to heighlight a word so i can put som tags to it when i submit the content.
Does anyone have a tip?

please be more precise : what do you mean with "highlight a word" ? and what would you add it when submitting ?
this shouldn't be hard to do, just detail a bit, and we'll help you

Supose that i want to write a few words in bold mode, then i want to have the posibillity to move over a word with the mose an mark it in the textfield, and when I push a button that word will have a <b> </b> auround it.

so i can't help you for this (i know how to add the <b></b> but not how to spot the cursor in the textarea) , but still :
- perform a search in this forum (javascript), i know the question of retrieving the cursor position in a textarea has been asked, dicussed, and answered
- also go to the msdn developper site, they must have tutorials for this kind of thing - if they don't, they have at least the whole code to do so
- and ... i'm afraid you should forget about it if you planned your clients to be able to use netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back