Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am was running SMS 2.0 sp2 and re

Status
Not open for further replies.

kareem3

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2001
US
I was running SMS 2.0 sp2 and recently upgraded to sp3. Since then whenever I send out a package to clients I get this error message "SMS Offer status summarizer cannot process a status message because it has an invalid message ID 699. The message ID must be within the range 10000 to 10099. As a result the advertisemt status SMS Admin console may be inaccurate." "The message was reported by component Available Programs manager on computer" "WALOHAN". Whatever computer it says it for will not run the package at all. And the machine does receive the package. I am exclusively in a Winnt 4.0 enviroment. Can someone please help me.?

Not too sure about this...but you may want to re-distribute your package. I've read that if you make even the slightest change to a package, you should re-distrubute the package to all distribution points. Maybe due to the SMS Service Pack...a change was made somewhere... Again not too sure if this will help but there is no risk in doing this.

In addition, you might want to create a test advertisment to a select computer. Just to see if you get the same error with the new advertisement. This will help you narrow down the problem.

Later...

Thanks Jpoandi I apreciate your response.
Unfortunately that did not help. I have also tried it with new and old packages and it only work on some machines. It might be a bug with the service pack. I don't know. Its very annoying. Any other suggestion?

To me it sounds like the client agent component is the problem. If you go to the Systems Management control panel applet on one of the clients with the problem and go to the Components Tab and highlight the Available Programs Manager Win32 component and click the Repair Installation button, does the problem go away?

If so, then I would check the client's CCIM log to see why this component is not being refreshed on the 23-hour cycle. If this turns out to be the problem, then it sounds like your clients did not "take" the SP3 upgrade very well. You may have to Repair Installation on all of your clients to get them fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back