Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am using "Visual Basic 4 Multimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilley

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2003
US
I am using "Visual Basic 4 Multimedia Adventure Set" from Coriolis Group Books. Most of the code doesn't work. For example, there is no "Caption" property on a command button. Microsoft changed it to the "Text" property. Also, it claims it provides 16 bit code, which I wonder if that is part of the other reason why most of it doesn't work. Basically, I can't get any of the multimedia stuff to work on the CD. I noticed the setup program uses old "Windows 3.1" Setup in the background. I also don't see a command for "mciExecute()", for example, anywhere in the help. Oh, and this is for VB 4 code (I know, an old version!). I would like to integrate a Web Browser with my application, and use the commands from XML and everything for a Point Of Sale solution(also some other projects). I guess another big question is does Windows XP provide true 16-bit support in applications that are backward-compatible?
I know this was a bunch, so thanks a bunch!

P.S. I have considered getting an updated book I heard great reviews from Amazon on called "Mastering Visual Basic .Net", which would help me alot more. Also, if there is a website out there indicating changes from VB 4 to .Net (possibly), please don't hesitate. Again, thanks for your time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back