Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am using NetWorker 6.1.1 on Windo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexExpat

MIS
Jun 14, 2002
US
I am using NetWorker 6.1.1 on Windows NT to back up Windows NT Servers and NetWare servers. I am trying to get my Exchange Server added to the NetWorker server, and I have a few questions that the miserable, poorly written, @!%&!! excuse of an admin manual doesn't address. And you can't find ANYTHING in the miserable, poorly written, #$@*&! excuse of a knowledgebase on Legato's web site. (Please excuse my 2 cents' worth about Legato.)

Since I am using the Exchange module to back up the Exchange databases, I can't use ALL for the save set to back up my file system. I know that I need to specify each drive and specify SYSTEM STATE: as save sets, but I also notice on my backups that do use ALL as a save set that something called REPAIRDISK: is also being backed up as a save set. However, I can't find anything in the admin manual about REPAIRDISK.

What is the REPAIRDISK save set? Do I need to specify it in my client properties, or is it included with the SYSTEM STATE save set?

Do I need to specify anything else besides my drives, SYSTEM STATE:, and possibly REPAIRDISK:? My Exchange specific save sets are defined in a seperate client definition for this server.

Thank you very much for your help; I really appreciate it.

Hello,
You can specify Registry as an saveset, System state backs up most of the Windows 2k stuff.
Repairdisk was used with older Legato implementation for NT 4.0.

You have to specify REPAIRDISK: as a saveset. SYSTEM STATE contains REGISTRY:. Do not forget to add : after the saveset.

Good luck
Leglegato

Thanks very much! That is exactly the information I was looking for. Why the Legato docs don't have it, I don't know.

Thanks again; I really appreciate you posting this.

Hi!

A nother solution whould be to create a new groupe for you exchange backups. Then you can still use saveset all for youre system state: files and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back