Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am trying to make a GPRS connecti

Status
Not open for further replies.

thakral

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
TH
I am trying to make a GPRS connection between a microcontroller (m16c) with the stack (tcp or ppp) and a computer connected to internet (eg webserver, or another GPRS enabled device.).Regarding this i have a couple of questions..

1) Is it possible to have a GPRS connection over TCP/IP stack (in M16C)? anybody have any idea/website about such implementation.

2) Is it possible to have GPRS connection over PPP stack? anybody have any idea/website about such implementation.

If both can be used which is better ?
3) One last question ..if i have a stack (UDP) already and also have a GPRS modem ..how do i initiate data transfer i mean after i program the m16c microcontroller with the stack how do initiate data transfer.
I am usin siemens M35 terminal which is GPRS enabled.. i have tried PDP context activation(using hyperterminal) and also attached to network using at commands like at+cgdcont and at+cgact that is fine it attaches to the network (as can be seen by indicating LEDs) but the problem is i cannot initiate any data transfer if i try the command at+cgdata=ppp,1 it shows some garbage characters and after a while shows NO CARRIER . i guess because hyperterminal by itself cannot do this data exchange ? then how can it be done assuming i have a TCP or UDP stack for my microcontroller.. also is there any AT commands using which i can use the modem to reach a desired IP address for example connect to a same web server whose IP address is known...

If im headed in a wrong direction please point me to the correct path
Sincerest thanks for any replies to any question / any suggestions / examples / related URL.. and of course for spending time on my post

Thanks
regards
anant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back