Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am running a MICS XC5.0 with a NA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2006
US
I am running a MICS XC5.0 with a NAM 4.0 behind it. The NAM has failed and I can see that the fiber light coming from the NAM is out. Is there any way to fix this or some place to get a new fiber card for this NAM?

Nortel Norstar Application Module Interface Card NTBB8001 or NTBB80AA

Or it's the perfect time to upgrade to 7.1 then get a Callpilot 100 or 150 with 3.1 software.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks Curlycord, I was thinking that it was going to come down to that. Would the CP 150 3.1 work on the MICS XC 5.0?

Thanks for your help

Yes it would but strongly suggest to upgrade to 7.1 avoid possible problems.

"R4.0 was very buggy, R4.1 was hit or miss, R5.0 was just plain bad, R6.0 I forget, R6.1 couple bugs?, R6.1 MR stable, R7.1 stable and adds the new DST schedule."

Note the upgrade will also allow for T7316e sets to work properly which allow for proper button layout, red light for messages, special icons on the lower display.
The 2 last expansion ports are freed up, previously reserved for Companion wireless.
Plus anything showing R6.0 or 6.1 here

If you go with 7.1:
Upgrade to 6.1 using the tool or actual 6.1 software, make sure to buy/use XC versions.
Buy/use NVRAM Rls2 if the current is Rls1

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If you have PRI, write down your PRI keycode just to be safe before the upgrade. I had an upgrade from 5.0 to 7.1 go sideways and my hardware ID changed. Luckily we were adding PRI after the upgrade and I hadn't activated the keycode yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back