Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am looking for BCM50 rel6 Information regarding CTI to law firm billing software.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
I have a law firm that has a BCM50 rel 6 and they wish to extract the time information (date and time with caller ID if possible) for the purpose of integrating the phone system to the billing platform. Does anyone know how to extract the information (SMDR information I assume) to software so that each of the partners can bill there respective client for consultation over the phone?
As well, what platform works best with teh BCM to attain this goal? ie PC LAW, etc
Many thanks in advance.
Datajockey123

I have a law firm that has a BCM50 rel 6 and they wish to extract the time information (date and time with caller ID if possible) for the purpose of integrating the phone system to the billing platform. Does anyone know how to extract the information (SMDR information I assume) to software so that each of the partners can bill there respective client for consultation over the phone?
As well, what platform works best with teh BCM to attain this goal? ie PC LAW, etc
Many thanks in advance.
Datajockey123
I haven't logged into a BCM (anything) in a very long time. The BCM does offer SMDR data flow in real-time. I would think you should be able to have your legal CMS (Case Management System) import that data (again, in real-time) and look at the number of minutes and seconds and then bill it to the particular client. You will need a way to link the calls to clients (or matter numbers). I can't recall if you can do Account Codes on BCM? I really can't recall if BCM supports that feature? My guess is that it does. You would just need to setup each phone with an Account Code button and then the users would press it at any time during the call and enter the 6-10 digit case/matter number (I say 6-10, because that is what we normally see, but often get them into the 20's of digits). Sorry I couldn't be more help, but hopefully this will give you a slight push to get this going.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back