Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am looking for a driver for a 420T compaq monitor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a 420T compaq monitor and I can't seem to make it work with windows the bios and boot up is all fine but windows 98 screen has mutiple identical images but horizontal and vertical I have been every where on the net looking for a driver and i am starting to think that I have found the only thing that is not on the net

Is this an old 14" monitor?

I saw the specs on a 420 series monitor which is VGA...it only supports a maximum of 640x480x256 colors @ 60hz refresh.

If you boot Windows in Safe Mode will it display without corruption? If so, you need to make sure your settings are no greater than what is mentioned above and you should choose the Windows standard VGA monitor. Doug
dxd_2000@yahoo.com

One of the ways to get rid of this problem in Windows 98 or ME is to go to System in the Control panel and remove the Display driver and the Monitor Driver both. Then reboot and windows should auto find the correct ones (using the standard ones if necessary). This has worked for many older monitors on pc I have repaired for people.
Hope this helps...
Master Frodo
Who the hell put the "S" in lisp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back