Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am hoping that perl can help out with this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoon

Programmer
Apr 2, 2002
US
Hey there,
I am hoping that perl can help me with this one. I am looking for a perl programming job in southern california. I am interested in either full time or consulting. I have been been using perl and linux for 4 years now and have recently decided to relocate to Southern California.

I hope that someone has some advice on this one.

Thanks,

scoon

In two weeks I am starting a new job on the east coast as a Perl Developer. I won't quite be making 6 digits, but a well past half way there. ;)

I owe my job finding success to Monster.com

One tip: employers can do searches on resumes using keywords. Like "Perl". So if you are interested in a position concerning "Perl", then work that word in your Monster Resume many times. It generates a higher hit count which places you as a 'better match' than others. You'll be number one. I had the word Perl in my resume over 15 times.

Just by posting my resume on Monster, I've been recieving about two phone calls a month from recruiters. Keep in mind, that's without any effort on my part. I thought that was really cool.

Other good sites are

jobs.perl.org

Good luck!

--jim

So good luck.

thank you, i will give it a shot. And good luck with the new job.

->
scoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back