Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am having trouble with MS/Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

billperryswb

Programmer
Nov 11, 2010
I am having trouble with MS/Office 2007.

Save As quit working (after working for several years).

Same problem with Excel and Word.

I have loaded all MS updates available.
I have uninstalled / installed Office 2007
I have run a full computer scan/repair (several times) using AVG 2012.0.2221.

This problem began about 08/01/2012.
I have been using Office 2007 for several years with no problems.

I double click the Excel Icon on my desktop, Click "Office Button", Click the Workbook Name that I want to open (I have tried several of my existing Books).

I make changes to a spreadsheet in the book I have just opened then click "Office Button", click "Save as", Click "Excel Workbook" then for File Name I leave the name that Office knows it by (with no extension on the name i.e. SheetName NOT SheetName.xlsx) and for "Save as type" I select "Excel WorkBook".

After a few (5 - 10) seconds a Dialog box "Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working" appears.

My only option then is to click "Close Program' in this dialog box.

After I click "Close Program" I then have to go into Task Manager and end EXCEL.EXE *32

I am having this problem with both Excel and Word.

This leads me to believe the problem is at the MS/Office level NOT Excel (and Word).

I have switched to using "Open Office" scalc and saving as an XLS with no problems.

This works fine I just prefer Excel as I have been using it for many years and know many short cuts to do things that I have to look up how to do in scalc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Have you tried using the Microsoft Office Diagnostics program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back