Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am having trouble with a query di

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTOROCK

Programmer
May 14, 2002
US
I am having trouble with a query displaying comments correctly. Each record of my table has an entry of a person by date. Sometimes they have comments. I would Like A Query that sums up all of the totals by person with a range. Now this is fine, but how can I add say 5 records worth of comments to one record of a person, so that on a report, I have one solid reocord of numbers but many comments? Hope i've made myselg clear.
Thanks in advance "The greatest risk, is not taking one."

One simple way would be to create a query that sums the information you need. Leaving the comment field out of it.

For your report recordsource, build a query that uses the fields from the query you just created and add the comments.
Make sure that you get all records from the query.

Then on your report set the hide duplicates settings to yes on the fields you do not want to print duplicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back